The air-based shooter Sky Force Anniversary is out today for the PS Vita, PS3 and PS4 in North America and tomorrow in Europe digitally via the PlayStation Network.
Sky Force Anniversary preserves the old school, arcade shooter feeling of the original Sky Force and adds what everybody expects from a modern shmup: highly-polished graphics, new game modes and tons of replayability. The game features an extensive Single Player campaign where players’ main objective is to save the world from General Mantis – the deceitful leader of evil forces. In order to defeat him, gamers will have to blast through hordes of enemies, collect funds, rescue civilians and constantly enhance their ship with new, devastating power-ups.
Sky Force Anniversary allows players to choose between various types of weapons, passive skills and power-ups, starting from the impenetrable magnetic shield and ending with the mighty mega-bomb that annihilates all visible enemies with a huge blast. Enemies? What about them? Well, there’s a plethora of opponents and bosses waiting on every corner, there are tanks, fighters, choppers, ships, turrets, bombers – basically, Sky Force Anniversary has them all.
Key game features
- Take part in a beautifully crafted Single Player campaign
- Rescue fallen friends and collect funds to enhance your ship by buying shields, guns, missiles, lasers, mega-bombs and many more
- Fight hordes of enemies, confront gargantuan bosses and defeat General Mantis – the nasty leader of evil forces
- Invite your friends and experience an adrenaline-packed 2 player local co-op mode
- Compete in weekly tournaments that take place on unique, new levels, updated every 7 days
Check out the Sky Force Anniversary Screenshots:
Check out the Sky Force Anniversary Trailer: