Spanish indie developer Eclipse Games has announced that it will release the platform adventure Spheroids for the PS Vita and PS4 on January 10, 2017.
Spheroids is a 2D sidescroller that combines gameplay mechanics from classic platformers like Super Mario Bros with combat sections from Pang!, all set in a comical science-fiction world inspired by Futurama, Rick & Morty, Ghostbusters, Back to the Future and Spaceballs.
In Spheroids you take control of Lucas, a jumpy Canadian boy who sets out on an adventure with his crazy scientist companion Otto after it’s discovered that the government has been hiding alternative universes from the cubic world they live in. Unfortunately, these alternative universes contain spheres that wish to turn everything round, so it’s up to Lucas to save the world from these dangerous aliens: the Spheroids.
- Platformer with unique gameplay mechanics
- Story mode comprising of 32 levels in 8 different locations
- Great variety of enemies and gadgets to use against them
- Unique art-style that mixes pixel art with vector graphics
- Original soundtrack adapted to the 8 different locations in the game
Check out the Spheroids Screenshots:
Check out the Spheroids – Story Trailer: