13AM Games and Headup Games have announced that Runbow, an insane multiplayer platformer, is coming to Nintendo Switch in 2018. The colourful platformer can be experienced at Tokyo Game Show next week.
Runbow is a fast, frantic game that will keep you running back for more. The world changes with each swipe of the background. Once the background matches the colour of platforms or elements of the environment, they disappear. If you can’t see something, it doesn’t exist – it’s as easy as that.
Blast through 140 single player levels or, due to Nintendo Switch’s possibility to use eight Joy-Cons on one console, grab up to eight friends and play different multiplayer party modes. Go online and experience Runbow with even nine players from around the globe.
In addition, a good bunch of playable guest characters from various famous indie games are waiting for you and your friends, as well as lots of costumes, games modes and hours of beautiful colourful chaos. All DLCs from earlier versions will also be available right from the start.
- Go head to head with your friends, locally or online, in Run, Arena, or King of the Hill, for a colourful, crazy competition. Host a Private Game for you or your friends, or hop into an Open Party and take on the world!
- Tons of costumes and indie guest characters are waiting for you to unlock, including Shovel Knight, CommanderVideo, Shantae, Lilac, and many more.
- Save Poster District from the evil Satura in Adventure, and choose your own path through a massive map of over 140 single player levels.
- Take on The Bowhemoth, a single, ultra-difficult challenge in the belly of a colossal beast. On your own or with friends, it’s sure to test the skills of even the toughest platforming veterans.
- Hundreds of pieces of unlockable Gallery content await you, from concept art to characters, and even some hidden secrets…
Check out the Runbow Screenshots: