Independent developer Dead Mage will bring its roguelike hack-and-slash game Children of Morta to PS Vita and PS4 in 2016.
Children of Morta will involve you in the adventures of a family. Since the corruption of the god of Mount Morta, his rage and anger has turned all the creatures into sick, furious monsters. The Bergson family, guardians of Mount Morta, live in their house at the mountain side. They try to reach the peak of the cursed mountain to find out what happened to its god and how they can change his doomed fate!
The narrative-based, story-driven hack-and-slash game lets you play as any of the family members, each with their own unique abilities. Various items and potions can be crafted using the materials you will find on your adventures.
- Play as any of the family members with their unique abilities.
- Narrative meets roguelike! As games like Binding of Isaac, Rogue Legacy and Risk of Rain inspire the roguelike elements of the game, it also offers a novel blend of narration and roguelike! You will experience a rich story comprised of a specific narrative arc and various random events.
- Unique blend of traditional pixel art with modern lighting and effects, prepare your eyes to be pleased!
- Craft various items and potions using materials found in your adventures by the families experienced craftsmen!
- Highly replayable! Play through an endless number of procedurally generated content.
Check out the Children of Morta Screenshots:
Check out the Children of Morta Pre-Alpha Gameplay Video: