BadLand Games has announced that it will publish the JRPG-inspired Pixel Noir for PS Vita and PS4 (as well as XBox One and Steam) in Q1 2018 as a digital release. Physical details are still to be announced.
Developed by SWDTech Games, Pixel Noir puts you in the shoes of a cop-turned-private-eye after a 10-year prison stint. An investigation gone awry at an abandoned hospital has left your partner dead, the hospital in ashes, and you behind bars for a crime you didn’t commit. Chasing down lost pets and beating the scum of Pinnacle City is just enough to stir the voices and visions that plague you every night… With your sanity at stake, how can you afford not to take the opportunity to clear your name?
Pixel Noir‘s colourful cast of characters accompany you through Pinnacle City’s diverse territories as you search for the truth. Battle against the criminal underground turn by turn, and muster the courage to face beings well beyond the realm of your imagination.
Pixel Noir will feature a soundtrack written and performed by in-house composer Kunal Majmudar and famed Secret of Mana composer Hiroki Kikuta. Crossovers with renowned indie darlings in Yacht Club Games’ Shovel Knight and Alonso Martin’s Heart Forth, Alicia are in the plans as well.
- Solve a variety of mysteries as Pinnacle City’s cheapest Private Eye! From missing pets to murder investigations, your detective skills will earn you either fortune or face punches.
- Fight enemies in turn-based combat. Customise your weapon to give you the edge in battle.
- Unleash devastating combo attacks by teaming up with other heroes in your team!
- Explore Pinnacle City — a wretched hive of scum and villainy harboring black market trade and hawked by colourful characters.
- Use your investigation mode to reveal clues and over time unearth new secrets and storylines!
Check out the Pixel Noir Screenshots: