Another Indie and Bonfire Entertainment have announced that the sci-fi action-adventure Original Journey will be heading to Nintendo Switch in Q1 2018.
Original Journey blends an eclectic mix of gameplay elements including shooting, platforming, tower-defense, racing, and puzzles into a cohesive experience with a strong narrative arc, all set on a mysterious and constantly changing world.
The Ato, a race of space faring vegetation, embark on a quest to save their home world. Only the legendary Origin Stone, an artifact of unlimited power and rumored to be on the ominous Planet Shadow, can deliver salvation to their people. By invading the procedurally generated Shadow World, the Ato can hope to survive, but how far will they go to save themselves?
Join the attacking Ato army and control The Rookie. Equip customizable mech armor with buffs that affect his speed, life recovery, fall damage and more. Arm the Rookie with turrets and over a dozen upgradeable weapons, each with a distinct playstyle best suited to certain situations, then explore Planet Shadow and battle its inhabitants.
- Experience the rich and harrowing narrative of the Ato people’s struggle to survive
- Dual wield over a dozen alien weapons and upgrade them for maximum carnage
- Place your limited turrets strategically for defense
- Uncover secrets hidden amongst hundreds of procedurally generated levels
- Wear a wide range of augmented mech armor
- Embark on missions that include racing, sharpshooting, and more
Check out the Original Journey Trailer: