Eastasiasoftware has announced its partnership with the New Zealand-based developer Rainbite to publish the PS Vita action-adventure Reverie in Asia in early 2018.
Besides a digital PlayStation Store release, Reverie will also be available as a limited-edition physical game at online retailer Play-Asia.com. The Reverie Limited Edition will include the game, a game manual, a soundtrack CD, an individually numbered certificate, a map and a collector’s box. More details will be announced soon.
Reverie will be localized by eastasiasoft and playable in English, Japanese and traditional Chinese. Players can try out the game at the upcoming Tokyo Game Show in September 2017 at booth number 9-B19.
Inspired heavily by Earthbound and The Legend of Zelda and set on a fictional island in New Zealand, Reverie combines beautiful retro-style pixel art with well-thought-out gameplay. Players take on the role of Tai, a young boy on summer holiday who is exploring Toromi Island. With angry spirits threatening the safety of the island’s inhabitants, Tai must venture through dangerous dungeons and across a variety of environments to put the spirits to rest.
- Six dungeons to fight and puzzle through.
- Many weapons and items to cater to different gameplay styles or be used in unique situations.
- Story inspired by a Maori legend.
- Explore a fictional island off the coast of New Zealand.
- A wide variety of distinct environments to explore in the overworld.
- Collect hidden feathers from New Zealand’s many beautiful native birds.
Check out the Reverie Screenshots:
Check out the Reverie Announcement Trailer: