Crunching Koalas has announced that Butcher is out now on Nintendo Switch digitally via the Nintendo eShop for $9.99 / €9.99.
Butcher is a fast-paced 2D shooter and a blood-soaked love letter to the cult classics of the genre, developed by Transhuman Design – the studio behind Soldat and King Arthur’s Gold.
As a cyborg programmed to eradicate the last remains of humanity, your sole purpose is to well… annihilate anything that moves. Grab your weapon of choice (from a chainsaw, through shotgun, to grenade launcher) and kill your way through underground hideouts, post-apocalyptic cities, jungles and more. And if you’re feeling creative, there are plenty other ways of ending your enemies’ misery – hooks, lava pits, saws… no death will ever be the same.
- Ultra-violent uncompromising carnage in the spirit of Doom and Quake (chainsaw included).
- Release your inner artist, paint the walls with (permanent) blood (up to 4 million pixels available to be painted per level).
- Use the environment (saws, hooks, lava pits, animals and other) to brutally dispose of your enemies.
- Put your reflex and patience to the ultimate test.
- Choose from an array of weapons (featuring classics like chainsaw, railgun and the deadly grenade launcher).
- Soak in the dark atmosphere reinforced by a wicked, heavy soundtrack (while you kick corpses around).
- Die painfully: melt in lava, become piranha food, get crushed by heavy doors… and more!
- Absolutely no mercy for anyone!
Check out the Butcher Nintendo Switch Trailer:
Use "HPLAYERS" coupon for a $3 USD off discount at Playasia!