Hitcents has announced that the Metroidvania/roguelite A Robot Named Fight! is heading to the Nintendo Switch eShop on April 26, 2018 for $12.99.
Combining the best of the Metroidvania and roguelite genres, A Robot Named Fight!‘s monstrous creatures, huge item variety, quirky writing, co-op gameplay, and synthwave soundtrack all hit the sweet spot between retro and modern platformers.
Thousands of years have passed since the mechanical gods ascended and left the lower-order robots to cultivate the world. Unfortunately for those left behind, something forgotten and terrible is stirring among the stars: the Megabeast, which is unleashing its children onto the world like an unstoppable plague.
In A Robot Named Fight!, you play as a lone robot tasked with retrieving wartime artifacts deep beneath the surface of your planet. Explore a procedurally-generated underground world filled with fleshy monsters and randomized power-ups. Stay sharp, and try not to die – or you’ll have to start from scratch. To face the Megabeast, you must unearth artifacts that upgrade your abilities and open new paths. Delve beneath the surface, discover the lost history of robot civilization – and explode the Megabeast once and for all!
- Explore a procedurally-generated labyrinth with more than 4 billion unique runs.
- Prove your worth or suffer permadeath.
- Take on over 70 menacing enemies solo or with a friend via local co-op.
- Adapt to a different item set in every run with more than 100 items.
- Complete achievements to unlock new content.
- Use multiple save slots to avoid overwriting previous saves.
- Replay your favorite runs using seeds.
- Enjoy an unreasonable amount of meat!
Check out the A Robot Named Fight Nintendo Switch Screenshots:
Check out the A Robot Named Fight Nintendo Switch Trailer: