EXOR Studios has announced that the twin-stick shooter/tower defense hybrid X-Morph: Defense is coming to Nintendo Switch in Q4 2018.
X-Morph: Defense was initially released on the PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on August 30, 2017. The Nintendo Switch version will be released with new free content that includes additional tower types, and the final piece of premium DLC called – The Last Bastion.
About the game
You are the X-Morph – an alien species that invades Earth to harvest its resources and terraform the surface. Strategize in the build mode by carefully selecting various types of alien towers or throw yourself right into the heat of the battle. Build mazes for incoming enemies in an environment that provides exceptional planning freedom. Tear down buildings and collapse bridges to support your defense or to simply indulge in a spectacle of unprecedented destruction. Possess a range of unique alien weapons and use defense strategies like you’ve never seen before in this genre.
- Tower Defense
- Build your towers anywhere on the map.
- Destroy obstacles, collapse buildings and bridges to change enemy paths.
- Connect towers with laser fences that block enemy movement.
- Smart enemies – there are no predefined enemy paths. Enemies adapt to the changing battlefield and your tower placement, making the challenge a lot more interesting.
- Advanced tower types – different kinds of enemies require different defense strategies. Build advanced towers to counter special enemies.
- Don’t wait for your enemies – engage them directly with the X-Morph fighter.
- Morph into four distinct fighter forms, each one with a different weapon and special ability.
- Human Mecha
- Fight huge, building size, mechanical war machines. Each boss fight is unique and heavily influences the gameplay environment. Entire cities will be destroyed.
- Single Player Story Campaign
- Take over the Earth by invading locations all around the globe including South Africa, Russia, USA, Japan, China, Britain, Argentina and other countries
- Upgrade your towers and abilities throughout the course of the story campaign
- Four difficulty modes
- Survival Campaign
- Repel endless enemy attacks
- Grow in strength as the game rewards you with upgrades after defeating each wave
- Employ new strategies, reacting to dynamic enemy paths
- Earn new achievements
- Available both in single-player and local co-op
Check out the X-Morph: Defense Nintendo Switch Trailer:
Use "HPLAYERS" coupon for a 5% off discount at Playasia!