2Awesome Studio has announced that it will publish the 2D side-scrolling shooter The Bug Butcher on Nintendo Switch this summer.
In partnership with Awfully Nice Studios, The Bug Butcher is 2Awesome Studio’s first game of its newly established port and publishing venture. The Bug Butcher will be playable at Gamescom on Nintendo Switch this month, along with other games yet to be announced.
About the game
The Bug Butcher is an action-packed 2D side scrolling shoot em up game where peril comes from above. So in a nutshell, pest control with machine guns in space. The core mechanics hold old ties from the classic arcade shooter “Super Pang” where you shoot vertically, but with modern day twists.
You are Harry, a brash and tenacious exterminator who has a knack for decimating bugs. Harry’s current assignment takes him to an infested futuristic research facility on a distant planet. The surviving and dwindling number of scientists employed him for his slaughtering skills.
Harry’s mission: survive until the decontamination of the building is complete, hoard coins like his life depended on it, and protect the scientists at all costs. Watch out for the spiders they have a particular fondness for rubber encased scientist brains.
- Chaotic, fast paced action shooting inspired by the arcade classic Super Pang!
- Play solo or in local co-op
- 30 levels and 5 Merciless boss fights crammed with relentless waves of bugs
- Online leaderboards and 3 difficulty modes offer the ultimate challenge
- Upgradeable Weapons and Power-ups to make any trigger happy player smile
- Handcrafted 2D graphics with explosion animations galore
Check out The Bug Butcher Screenshots:
Check out The Bug Butcher Switch Trailer: