Bigosaur has announced that the adorable action roguelike Son of a Witch will release on Nintendo Switch in North America on September 4, 2018.
Son of a Witch recalls the compulsive replay-ability of your favorite roguelikes but wraps it all in a charming package, making it a lot more welcoming to a wide range of gamers than your standard fare. But don’t let the cutesy graphics fool you: the game offers deep mechanics that reward constant experimentation and learning.
Son of a Witch features over 120 unique weapons and items to discover. Players will only find a small section of these in each run, meaning the game is completely different every single time you play. There are also 7 playable characters with wildly different skill sets and abilities, over 20 bosses to beat, and 30 pet animals to find.
- Single player and up to 4 player co-op
- Non-linear procedurally generated dungeons
- Three diferent play styles: melee beat’em up, magic shooter and archers sniping enemies from the distance
- Permadeath. A new world is created every time you start the game, so it’s always fresh and interesting to explore
- Random encounters with monsters and a selection of 24 bosses
- Shops, treasure rooms and challenge rooms
- NPC quests to unlock playable characters
Check out the Son of a Witch Screenshots:
Check out the Son of a Witch Nintendo Switch Release Trailer: