Badland Games and Mandragora Studio today announced that the action rogue-lite Freaky Awesome is available now for Nintendo Switch via the Nintendo eShop.
Freaky Awesome is a hectic action rogue-lite where you have to fight your way out of an old factory, full of mutated monsters and traps; the general layout of the factory and its rooms are procedurally generated.
Every enemy leaves behind a poodle of mutagen that can heal you, but also mutates you eventually – even if you are in the middle of a fight! In order to survive, you will need to adapt quickly to the powers and specific mechanics of every mutation.
Tearing off your head to throw it at an enemy? Sure! Laying eggs and seeing tiny copies of you hatching and fighting for you? Why not! And on top of that, you can use objects in combat and develop your character to unlock new powerful skills, as well as play in co-op with up to 4 players!
- Mutate to survive: mutagens replenish your health but also changes you into wild forms – each with different mechanics and powers!
- Gain new mutations! Slay bosses to unlock their forms as a newly available mutation.
- Explore a mutating world: the game itself mutates! The map is randomly generated, but the game itself changes every successful run with new unlocked locations and enemies, bigger levels, stronger bosses and new mechanics.
- Avoid traps… or use them to your advantage: explosives, flying barrels, moving saws, flames and even flying pig heads are as deadly to you as to your enemies!
- Rogue-lite with permadeath: death is permanent, but your advancements too. You can keep your unlocked items, skills and mutations.
- Play solo or with friends with an up to 4 players co-op mode. You can keep the progress earned while playing multi!
Check out the Freaky Awesome Screenshots:
Check out the Freaky Awesome Trailer: