Publisher Merge Games and developer Laser Dog today announced that the speed-run platformer HoPiKo will release on Nintendo Switch on January 10, 2019 for $9.99. Pre-orders will be available on the Nintendo eShop from January 3, 2019. All purchases between January 3 and January 17 will receive a 30% discount as part of an introductory offer.
About the game
A virus, known as the Nanobyte has infected hardware around the globe rendering all systems useless – gaming is dead. The HoPiKo, who ran the games, have been enslaved… It’s time to hook up your power gloves and save your HoPiKo brothers!
HoPiKo is an intense speed run platformer where you get to save gaming. Jump from platform to platform avoiding death, exploiting shortcuts and ripping through 100s of hand-crafted levels, each one dropped into a five-stage mini run designed to break your mind!
Compete to be the fastest in the world with time based scores, level pars and collectable retro consoles opening unique bonus runs.
- Fast and brutal twitch-based gameplay.
- Utilize the Nintendo Switch’s Joy-cons and touch screen for precision jumps.
- Awesome chiptune soundtrack written and composed on authentic hardware.
- Uses every ounce of your muscle memory.
- Unique minimal controls, you’ve never played a platformer like this!
Check out the HoPiKo Release Date Trailer:
Use "HPLAYERS" coupon for a $3 USD off discount at Playasia!