Limited Run Games has announced that Proteus will get a physical PS Vita release on January 18, 2019. A limited amount of physical copies will be available at 10am and 6pm EST exclusively via Limited Run Games.
Proteus is a game about exploration and immersion in a dream-like island world where the soundtrack is created by your surroundings. The primary means of interaction is simply your presence in the world and how you observe it.
Each unique, procedurally generated island is home to shy creatures, tranquil valleys and enchanted ruins.
- A melodic, meditative space to explore, with many subtle secrets to discover.
- Dynamic soundtrack by award-winning composer David Kanaga follows the mood of the world.
- A distinctive 2D-but-3D graphical style with wild shifting palettes that sits somewhere between 8-bit videogames and modernist painting.
- Save system encodes world data into postcards, allowing islands to be saved and revisited.
- The PS Vita version features GPS-generated islands, gyro camera mode and the ability to interact with your surroundings via the touchscreen.
Check out the Proteus Trailer: