Rising Star Games and Game Freak have announced that the 2D action-adventure Giga Wrecker Alt. will be coming digitally to Nintendo Switch later this year. Limited Run Games will also publish a physical version for Nintendo Switch.
Giga Wrecker Alt. comes to Nintendo Switch with brand-new content that adds 20 additional puzzle stages to its campaign, a new companion character to assist players with the game’s increasingly challenging puzzles, and an “Ironman” mode with 5 times the damage than the regular mode.
Giga Wrecker Alt. establishes a 2D world for navigating platforms and solving increasingly challenging puzzles as players progress to unearth the mysteries of a sudden invasion that left the world in ruins. As players explore, they’ll use the abilities of Reika – that game’s main protagonist – to destroy and reconstruct their surroundings for solving each puzzle and fighting back against the invaders.
Giga Wrecker Alt. is a mixture of exploration and physics where players can bring down towering walls and then use the rubble as a platform for navigating each level. Reika has a power known as ARCHE (Arms Creating and Handling Effect) that allows her to construct various weapons from rubble and scrap. This ability helps her create and navigate platforms, beat traps, and destroy enemies. Of course, there’s also the ability to crush enemies with falling objects as well.
Giga Wrecker Alt. was brought to life through Game Freak’s internal “Gear Project” where its developers are encouraged to come up with intriguing ideas for games outside the company’s normal. The game also features music by video game composer, Shinij Hosoe, known for Ridge Racer and Tekken, among many other titles.
- Twenty brand-new puzzle stages added to the game’s Campaign mode
- New non-playable secondary character that assists players with more difficult puzzles/challenges if they become stuck for a period of time
- A new hardcore ‘Ironman’ mode that increases the damage to 5 times greater impact than normal mode.
- Overhaul of the original localization to enhance the user experience
- Italian and Traditional Chinese languages added for a total of 11 in-game languages (Japanese, English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese).
Check out the Giga Wrecker Alt. Announcement Trailer: