Impact Gameworks has announced that the roguelike Tangledeep will launch on Nintendo Switch on January 31, 2019 digitally via the Nintendo eShop for $19.99.
The Nintendo Switch version of Tangledeep will be available in English, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese and will feature all-new monsters, the new area Riverstone Waterway, and improved UI and controls for handheld, docked, and Pro Controller support.
About the game
For hundreds of years, people have enjoyed the peaceful tranquility of underground settlements and villages, where the only route to the surface is “Tangledeep” – a mysterious and ever-changing labyrinth. With memories of the surface world long forgotten, you set out for the labyrinth to discover what lies above…
Tangledeep features a robust and customizable job system with 12 unique jobs to master. The game also supports a number of features designed to give players the perfect level of difficulty. You can opt for the true roguelike challenge of permadeath – or simply return to town upon death, for example. It’s also possible to share progress between characters by using the banking system – or by planting magic trees and raising monsters in town.
- Experience finely-tuned, procedurally-generated and handcrafted gameplay as you fight challenging monsters, complete quests, and collect rare items.
- Master deep, tactical turn-based combat across 12 unique jobs with more than 100 skills.
- Choose between three game modes – including Adventure Mode, which removes the pain of permadeath:
- Heroic Mode – Defeat is not the end! Some progress and items can be shared between characters.
- Hardcore Mode – The traditional roguelike experience! If you are defeated the game ends.
- Adventure Mode – Play without the fear of permadeath, traditional RPG style.
- Capture almost every monster in the game and raise them in the Monster Corral as a pet – or breed them with other monsters!
- Make your experience easier, harder, or just plain wackier with more than 10 Game Modifiers.
- Share some of your progress between characters by using the banking system and planting magic trees.
- Explore Item Dreams, randomized mini-dungeons where anything goes – and power up your gear!
- Take in the scenery – comprised of beautiful 16-bit graphics and carefully handcrafted maps.
- Relax to a beautiful soundtrack inspired by the most legendary RPGs of the SNES era, composed by award-winning composer Andrew Aversa – and joined by Hiroki Kikuta (Secret of Mana), Grant Kirkhope (GoldenEye 007, Civilization: Beyond Earth), and Norihiko Hibino (Metal Gear Solid 3, Bayonetta).
- Participate in daily and weekly challenge runs – and compare to your friends with Leaderboard support!
Check out the Tangledeep eShop Trailer:
Use "HPLAYERS" coupon for a 5% off discount at Playasia!