Ovid Works has announced that the first-person puzzle platformer Metamorphosis is heading to Nintendo Switch in Fall 2019.
About the game
Wake up as Gregor, turned into a tiny bug, and use your newfound abilities and nimble legs to uncover the truth behind your mysterious transformation.
Inspired by the curious imagination of Franz Kafka, Metamorphosis reimagines salesman Gregor Samsa as he turns into a tiny bug and embarks on a quest to save himself and his friend Joseph, who has been arrested for reasons unknown. Inconveniently, Joseph can’t recognize your new arthropodal body.
To rescue Joseph and uncover the truth behind your metamorphosis, you must go on a perilous journey through a strange world which, like yourself, has turned twisted and unfamiliar. What once seemed like mundane dwellings has become an expansive obstacle course.
You’ll have to leap, climb, and chart your path through the dingy nooks and crannies that exist within the cracks of civilization. Use your wits to unravel the truth and return to the life you once knew.
- First-person perspective from a bug makes you see the world in a whole new light
- Challenging environmental puzzles that have you searching for clues, creating diversions, and overcoming obstacles
- Rewarding exploration featuring unique movement mechanics that make full use of your tiny body and sticky limbs
- A surreal story that players can influence, inspired by the curious imagination of Franz Kafka
- Eccentric, colorful characters spanning the world of both humans and insects
- A hand painted world that adds a layer of the fantastical to even the grittiest environments
Check out the Metamorphosis Teaser Trailer:
Use "HPLAYERS" coupon for a 5% off discount at Playasia!