Pixel Lantern has announced that Bard’s Gold – Nintendo Switch Edition will launch on March 5, 2019 for $8.99. Pre-orders are available now on the Nintendo eShop with a 10% off discount.
About the game
Bard’s Gold is slower-paced than most modern platformers and takes its gameplay inspiration from late ’80s and early ’90s classics such as Rick Dangerous, Alex Kidd in Miracle World, Rainbow Islands, Wonder Boy in Monster World, Erik, and Rodland. Speaking of levels, there are more than 100 of them. All have been handcrafted and are picked randomly for each playthrough. The game features a permanent upgrade system to make each and every one of your sessions count.
- Old school platforming experience – No tutorials or explanations how things should be done. Everything including the basic game mechanics must be figured out by yourself as you go.
- Rogue-lite – Different layouts for each level is randomly chosen every playthrough. While getting the chance to memorize levels and get better at them, the ‘random level’ system will keep your interest. With the gems you collect you will be able to upgrade your character on the Game Over screen.
- 100+ Randomly picked levels to play
- Extremely challenging, yet rewarding gameplay
- Beautifully designed retro-inspired graphics
- Gain powerful new abilities by finding skill books
Check out the Bard’s Gold Nintendo Switch Edition Launch Trailer:
Use "HPLAYERS" coupon for a 5% off discount at Playasia!