Zen Studios today announced that Star Wars Pinball is coming to Nintendo Switch on September 13, 2019 via the Nintendo eShop and at retail.
The first Star Wars game releasing on the Nintendo Switch platform, Star Wars Pinball will debut with its entire collection of 19 digital pinball tables that span all three Star Wars eras and will take full advantage of the Nintendo Switch’s unique functionalities, like HD Rumble and vertical play orientation.
The Star Wars Pinball Nintendo Switch collection will offer unique gameplay modes only available on the console. Players can participate in a community-wide Galactic Struggle, which allows them to contribute points to the light or dark side, depending on their preference. Likewise, a new Career mode allows Star Wars fans to join the ranks of the Jedi or Sith as they achieve up to 50 Career Ranks, and simply playing any table unlocks special Force Power bonuses that can be applied toward bigger scores. Simply playing any table unlocks special Force Power bonuses that can be applied toward bigger scores, and a Force Training mode will help pinball Padawans maximize their potential.
Star Wars fans of all generations will enjoy tables centered around adapting movie and TV show content, iconic characters, memorable locations, and general Star Wars themes:
- Movies Adaptations: Episodes IV, V, VI, VII and VIII, plus Rogue One: A Star Wars Story and Solo: A Star Wars Story
- TV Adaptations: Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels
- Characters: Han Solo, Darth Vader, Lando Calrissian in The Calrissian Chronicles table, Boba Fett, Droids
- Locations: Ahch-To Island, Mimban (Battle of Mimban)
- Themes: Jedi vs. Sith (Masters of the Force), X-wings vs. TIE fighters (Starfighter Assault), being the bad guy (Might of the First Order)
Nintendo Switch Exclusive Features and Modes
In addition to HD Rumble and vertical play, Star Wars Pinball boasts several features and modes exclusive to Nintendo Switch as a standalone product:
- Galactic Struggle: Every Star Wars Pinball player in the galaxy will choose to follow the light or dark side in a perpetual online digital tug-of-war between the forces of good and evil. What is your destiny?
- Career Mode: Designed with short on-the-go gameplay sessions in mind, this mode challenges you to complete very specific pinball-based missions across all 19 tables.
- Choose the path of the Jedi or the Sith as progress through 50 career ranks.
- Some missions involve mastering awesome Star Wars-themed minigames that might be difficult for some players to access through regular play, such as piloting an X-wing or TIE fighter or fighting Darth Vader in a lightsaber duel.
- Force Powers and Talents: Collect Holocron Shards during missions to unlock Force Powers and Talents that yield special in-game bonuses when activated, such as multipliers, slowing down time and more.
- Cantina Jukebox: Collect the greatest tunes in the galaxy as you play each table. Once you’ve heard a song, you can listen to it any time you like.
As with past Zen Studios pinball releases, players can challenge anyone in the galaxy through Galactic Tournaments, League Play and, of course, old-fashioned high scores achieved through Single Player mode.
Check out the Star Wars Pinball Switch Trailer:
Use "HPLAYERS" coupon for a $3 USD off discount at Playasia!