Rising Star Games and Game Freak have announced that the 2D action-adventure Giga Wrecker Alt. lands on Nintendo Switch via the Nintendo eShop on May 2, 2019. Limited Run Games will also publish a physical version for Nintendo Switch.
Game Freak created brand-new content for the console release of Giga Wrecker Alt. that includes 20 additional puzzle stages to the games creative and unique platforming gameplay and an Ironman mode that increases the enemy’s strength. There’s also a companion character to guide players through some of the more difficult puzzles.
Giga Wrecker Alt. features destructible environments to navigate and increasingly challenging puzzles to solve as players progress to unearth the mysteries of a sudden invasion that left the world in ruins. As players explore, they’ll use the abilities of Reika – the game’s main protagonist – to destroy and reconstruct their surroundings for solving each puzzle and fighting back against the invaders in this fast-paced 2D action and physics-based platformer.
- Mixture of Exploration and Physics
Smash down towering walls and use rubble as platforms to climb high cliffs. Giga Wrecker Alt. provides an innovative mixture of physics and stage exploration.
- Combination of Puzzle and Action
Crush enemies with falling objects and be sure to closely evaluate the situation and select the right weapon for the next steps…You can enjoy the achievement of solving puzzles and gimmicks, while also beating traps and enemies.
- Special Abilities
The main character Reika has the power called ARM (Arms Reconstruction and Manipulation): the ability to construct various weapons using rubble and scraps from broken objects. Each weapon has its own unique effect, so make use of them to explore through the stages.
New Content for Consoles
- Twenty brand-new puzzle stages added to the game’s Campaign mode
- New non-playable secondary character that assists players with more difficult puzzles/challenges if they become stuck for a period of time
- A new hardcore ‘Ironman’ mode that increases the damage to 5 times greater impact than normal mode.
- Overhaul of the original localization to enhance the user experience
- Italian and Traditional Chinese languages added for a total of 11 in-game languages (Japanese, English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese).
Check out the Giga Wrecker Alt. Trailer: