Idea Factory International has announced that Super Neptunia RPG will arrive on Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 in North America on June 25, 2019 and in Europe on June 28, 2019 with English and French subtitles.
The PS4 release will have two slightly modified CGs. The Nintendo Switch will contain all original CGs. Gameplay for all platforms has not been changed from the original Japanese release.
Idea Factory International also released new battle screenshots and has update the official website with new information on game flow, skills, and abilities.
The Battle screenshots showcase different battle formations players can set during battle, such as Strike, Magic, Support, and Heal. There is also a couple of system UI screenshots that show off the skills that you can assign to each formation, as well as the formation bonuses you can gain during battle. Players can also apply Abilities that can enable additional stat boosts to elemental resistances, vitality, and defense.
System Website Update
- Explore dungeons as Neptune! As soon as Neptune attacks/touches a monster, a battle will begin. Land a Symbol Attack on a monster to have a better advantage at the start of battle!
- Within dungeons, Neptune can jump, double jump, and summon a squishy pudding-like monster to help players reach higher platforms and treasure.
- During battle, players can fight with up to 4 party members. Pay close attention to your Action Points (AP), as each skill cast by a party member requires a certain amount of AP. Take advantage of an enemy’s weakness to recover additional AP!
- There are 4 formation types that can be switched on-the-fly: Strike, Magic, Support, and Heal. Attack types and passive bonuses change with each formation.
- Players will also recognize several important gauges to keep an eye out for: Goddess Gauge, AP Gauge, Break Attack Gauge, and the Enemy’s AP Gauge.
- Skills are attacks that characters can use with each formation. Players will use them by either equipping items endowed with Skills or by learning said Skills.
- By winning a battle, the items you have equipped will gain experience, and by fulfilling the conditions, you will be able to learn the Skills held by that item. After learning the Skill, players can unequip the item and still keep the skill learned from the item.
- Prepare for battle by setting your skills before hand. Remember, each formation has a different skill that a party member can cast, so you can equip up to 4 different skills for each character (16 in total). Note that certain skills can only be used in a specific formation (i.e. Strike Formation).
- Abilities are skills that provide huge advantages. They are held by equipment (weapons, armor, accessories).
- Set your Abilities by using Ability Points. The higher the character’s level is, the more Ability Points you will receive. When you win a battle, the items you have equipped will gain experience, and if the conditions are fulfilled, you can learn the Abilities they hold. You can then set the Ability without having to equip the item.
The self-proclaimed hero, Neptune, awakes in a familiar world, but has no recollection of anything other than her name. With the help of a mysterious girl named Chrome, as well as three other familiar faces beloved in the Neptunia series, Neptune embarks on a journey through the mysterious dimension to try to regain her memory.
Little do they know, the world they inhabit is under attack by an enemy who wants to take civilization back to the time where 2D reigns supreme.
Can Neptune and her friends save the world and 3D games as we know it, or will they be flattened into two dimensions forever?
- New Me in 2D
Your favorite Goddesses jump from three dimensions to two! Artisan Studios and Compile Heart proudly present new, vibrant backgrounds and newly developed 2D animations hand drawn in this action-inspired side-scrolling RPG! With Artisan Studios and Tsunako collaborating to create new background and character art, fans and newcomers alike can see Gamindustri in a new 2D perspective.
- Where You Lead, I Will Follow
With four Goddesses to rotate on-the-fly during battle, players can change their formation type and unleash devastating attack combos. Depending on which Goddess is leading the pack, players can strategize attacks from four different formations: Strike, Magic, Support and Heal!
- Goddess ‘bout to Break!
Strut your stuff and dish out your special Break Attack to ensure victory! Armed with their classic ability to transform, the Goddesses gain additional stat bonuses that enhance their attacks and lay waste to any enemy!
- Put a +2 Str Ring On It
Strengthen your Goddesses by utilizing Skills and Abilities that can be unlocked with weapons, armors, or accessories! Strategically assign Skills and rearrange your abilities for each battle.
Check out the Super Neptunia RPG Battle Screenshots: