QubicGames today announced that the top-down arcade slasher Akane is coming to Nintendo Switch on May 17, 2019. Pre-orders are available now on the Nintendo eShop for $4.99 / €4.99. If you own one of the other QubicGames titles (almost all titles are included in this offer), you’ll get Akane 50% off for a limited time.
About the game
Akane is a brutal arena arcade slasher based on one-hit-one-kill gameplay mechanics, where the player has just one goal: to kill as many opponents as they can, before they die. To achieve this goal, players will have a diversified arsenal of weapons and special skills at their disposal. All to face different types of opponents along the way.
- Five types of opponents:
- Yakuza Guy – a common mafia pawn;
- Tank – the only villain that will require more than just one katana slash to die;
- Shooter – a sharpshooter with cybernetic enhancements. Pro tip: those guys never miss;
- Cyber Ninja – a warrior who abdicated his body to become a killing machine. His dash attacks are deadly and his defence seems impenetrable. Remember however that everybody has their weak point;
- The Boss – Katsuro, your Nemesis who evolves, gets stronger and more dangerous according to the number of times he gets killed.
- A large arsenal of diversified guns and equipment
- Katanas, each with their own unique abilities;
- Cigarettes that change the aesthetics of your special skills;
- Gadgets that grant small but significant improvements in combat;
- Boots that change the dash and the way you move on the screen.
- Special skills and moves
- Dragon Slash – dash forward killing every enemy on your way;
- Dragon Slayer – kill all enemies on the screen.
Check out the Akane Switch Release Trailer: