Independent developer NGDEV today announced that the eurostyle platformer Gunlord X is coming exclusively to Nintendo Switch on May 22, 2019. It will be available via the Nintendo eShop for $9.99.
Gunlord X is a vastly improved port of Gunlord, originally developed for NeoGeo in 2012 and later ported to Dreamcast. Gunlord is the best selling indie Dreamcast game ever made with 10.000 copies sold to date. The game received an intense “Hi-Bit” overhaul for the modern game consoles in a widescreen format. Additionally new boss enemies and extended stages were added.
Gunlord X is a eurostyle platformer with emphasis on exploring huge worlds and blasting off enemies. Jump! Shoot! Explore!
This game features 11 stages of exciting 2D game play with over 60 unique enemy types. Blast yourself through giant landscapes, explore caverns and reveal all secrets!
- Significantly increased level size of the later levels offering new secrets and challenges.
- 4 new boss enemies
- Added a completely new horizontal jet pack stage
- Permanent continue and shortcut/level warp unlocks by collecting all big diamonds in stage.
- Auto save and level select features (you can revisit already beat stages at any time)
- Accomplishments screens and statistics screens for speedrunners
- Limited enemy respawns to essential enemies.
- Added Newgame+ (for speedrunning and new secrets)
- Increased the viewport to widescreen
- Improved viewport scrolling
- Scanline/RGB CRT TV shader
- Increased sprite/particle effects
- Added alpha blending special FX (Hi-Bit “32-bit” style)
- Added parallax scrolling elements
- Added new music tracks
- Improved controls (direct control over the 360° snake beam with R Stick)
- Optional modern twin stick controls (control movement and shooting direction independently)
- Fully customizable controls
- Improved difficulty curve especially on bosses
- Rebalanced weapon powerlevels
- Added a new power shot weapon
- Stable 60 fps in both docked/undocked mode
- HD rumble
Check out the Gunlord X Nintendo Switch Announcement Trailer: