Publisher Curve Digital and developer Fiddlesticks today announced that the puzzle-platformer Hue is coming to Nintendo Switch on June 6, 2019 for $9.99 / €9.99 / £9.99. Pre-orders are available now on the Nintendo eShop with a 20% discount until June 19, 2019.
Previously available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC, Hue is designed by London-based developer Fiddlesticks (Henry Hoffman and Dan Da Rocha), and seamlessly blends a vivid art style with intelligent level design and a touching narrative to paint a platforming adventure that is as refreshing as it is colorful.
Taking on the role of the titular Hue, players are tasked with discovering where his mother has disappeared to, encountering a diverse cast of characters along the way who only see the world in shades of grey. As he begins to piece together her discarded research, Hue discovers the ability to see the world’s hidden colors and transform the game world to manipulate objects, unlock new areas and interact with new aspects of the environment. Hue on Nintendo Switch is the most accessible version ever of the game on console: as well as its lauded colorblind mode that utilises unique symbols as a color aid, Hue on Nintendo Switch also allows full remapping of the button inputs.
- Unique color-matching mechanic, offering a new twist on the classic adventure game
- Full colorblind support, using symbols as a color aid
- Fully remappable controller layout (exclusive to Nintendo Switch on consoles)
- A heartfelt story that touches on themes of love, loss, existence and remorse
- A world that is full of lively characters to talk to, each with their own personality and story
- Stark silhouetted art style with bright, bold colours
- Over 30 original music tracks, composed exclusively for Hue
- Professionally voiced narration by Anna Acton and Matthew Wade, some of the UK’s best television talent
Check out the Hue Switch Trailer: