PQube has announced that the high school visual novel Kotodama: The 7 Mysteries of Fujisawa is available now for Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 in Europe. In North America, it will launch on June 4, 2019.
Every boxed version of the mystery novel will include a beautiful set of art cards as well as a collection of stickers, featuring adorable chibi versions of the students.
About the game
The gameplay of Kotodama: The 7 Mysteries of Fujisawa mixes an investigative visual novel story with exciting match-3 puzzle battles. After gathering clues by talking to the members of the Academy, you will be able to challenge them with the power of Kotodama. Line up matches and combos to fill their ‘Happy Gauge’ before you run out of moves, which strips them of both their clothes and lies!
- Investigate the secrets of Fujisawa Academy across seven visual novel chapters – where each chapter hides the truth to one of the seven mysteries.
- Battle key characters using ‘Kotodama’ – the power of words. Interrogation battles see you stripping your target naked – exposing the truth behind their lies!
- Uncover key words in the game’s investigation phase. The more keywords and clues you find, the more potent your power in the puzzle phase.
- Nothing is as it seems! Kotodama intentionally plays on classic tropes and clichés to continually twist the story and surprise the player.
- Repeated playthroughs will yield new facts within the story. Uncover them all to unlock the true ending and a full gallery of artwork.
- Continue to play the fiendish puzzles in Fantasize Mode to perfect your high scores!
Check out the Kotodama: The 7 Mysteries of Fujisawa Switch Gameplay: