Team17 and The Game Kitchen today announced that the hardcore action-platformer Blasphemous is coming to Nintendo Switch in 2019.
About the game
Blasphemous is a punishing action-platformer that combines the fast-paced, skilled combat of a hack-n-slash game with a deep and evocative narrative core, delivered through exploration of a huge universe comprised of non-linear levels.
Prepare for a descent into a dark and punishing world where fast-paced, skilled combat combines with a deep and evocative narrative core. You will play as The Penitent One, a sole survivor of the massacre of the ‘Silent Sorrow’. Exploring the nightmarish world of Cvstodia and unlocking its hellish secrets, only you can free it from a twisted fate and reach the origin of your torment.
- Explore a non-linear world: Overcome fearsome enemies and deadly traps as you venture through a variety of different landscapes and search for redemption.
- Brutal combat: Release the power of the Mea Culpa, a sword born from guilt, to slaughter your foes. Acquire devastating new combos and special moves as you purge those who stand in your path.
- Executions: Unleash your wrath and relish in the gory dismemberment of your adversaries – all in beautifully rendered, pixel-perfect animations
- Customise your build: Discover and equip Relics, Rosary Beads, Prayers and Sword Hearts to give you new abilities and stat boosts to help you survive. Experiment with different combinations to suit your playstyle.
- Intense Boss Battles: Hordes of gigantic, twisted creates stand between you and your goal. Learn their attack patterns, strike them down and more importantly, survive.
- Unlock the Mysteries of Cvstodia: The world is full of tormented souls. Some offer you aid but may ask you for something in return. Uncover their stories to gain rewards and delve into the deep lore of the land.
Check out the Blasphemous Reveal Trailer: