Traxmaster Software announced today that the rotating action platformer Exception is coming to Nintendo Switch this Summer.
About the game
Exception is a combat platformer set inside an elderly woman’s computer overrun by totalitarian malware. Featuring good ol’ run/jump/attack controls, Exception reinvents traditional platforming through a unique transformation mechanic where levels rotate and move, opening up new and exciting gameplay elements.
An old woman’s computer has been taken over by ‘Titan’, a totalitarian virus set to destroy the operating system. Players take on the role of a hero who must vanquish the malicious invader that is crippling the system before it crashes. Using easy controls, traverse through timed byte-sized levels, overcome various obstacles and enemies as quickly as possible to secure a place on one of the online leaderboards catered to different playstyles.
Whether the player chooses an evasion tactic or straight up combat, Exception’s classic platforming experience features an innovative level shifting mechanic, which spices up the gameplay and reveals secret pathways and collectables. Combining two-dimensional action with a three-dimensional world, Exception offers a fresh take on the classic platforming experience.
- Transforming Levels: Take two-dimensional action to the three-dimensional world with levels that rotate and transform to reveal new challenges
- Leaderboard Competition: Players compete to see who can speedrun a level with the fastest time; time bonuses are awarded for creative attacks and other tricks
- Synthwave Soundtrack: Nearly two-hours of synthwave music from top musicians in the genre
- Character Progression: Find hidden items to upgrade special attacks and construct a deadly protagonist
- Illustrated Story: Follow the story of Exception from the real world to the computer operating system where a totalitarian virus seeks total domination
Check out the Exception Announcement Trailer: