Marmalade Game Studio has announced that Hasbro’s classic board game Battleship is coming to Nintendo Switch on July 24, 2019 for $19.99. Pre-orders will start via the Nintendo eShop on July 10, 2019 with a 10% off discount.
Battleship is a tactical deduction game by Hasbro, a global play and entertainment company. The goal is to pick your coordinates, fire your missile and sink your opponent’s fleet before they sink yours. Play the original Battleship game in Classic mode or assail your opponent with airstrikes, torpedoes and bombardments in the new Commanders mode designed specifically for the digital adaptation.
Battleship’s Commanders mode has enhanced gameplay with new abilities such as placing a mine or using sonar to scan for enemy ships. The game also features unlockable commanders and locations inspired by historical and mythological naval battles, such as Euryleia, the Amazonian Commander and Colossus Bay.
The Nintendo Switch version supports single-player mode, online multiplayer against friends or the world and local multiplayer with the help of the Battle Grid companion app available for free on iOS and Android devices.
- Classic Mode – Faithful conversion of the classic board game
- Commanders Mode – Battleship with a twist
- Historic Locations – Deploy your fleet to every corner of the world and battle in epic arenas inspired by historical naval battles!
- Unlockable Commanders – Battle with commanders from throughout the ages
- Different Play Modes – Single Player, Cross-Platform Online Multiplayer, Local Multiplayer
Check out the Battleship Switch Trailer: