Publisher 505 Games, in partnership with creators Re-Logic and developer Pipeworks Studio, have announced that the 2D action-adventure game Terraria is out now on Nintendo Switch digitally via the Nintendo eShop for $29.99. A retail release will be available in late Summer.
Terraria debuts on Nintendo Switch today, packed with popular features and content from the previous 1.3 PC/console update and enhanced for Nintendo Switch consoles, including:
- Touch screen support to quickly navigate inventory and add more finesse in building, digging and combat (two joy-con controllers required per player)
- Up to 8-player online play (Nintendo Switch Online subscription required)
- Over 300 enemies to combat, defeat, and plunder for loot
- Over 20 Bosses and Events to truly test the player’s skills
- Endgame Celestial Invasion Event and the Moonlord final boss encounter
- Over 20 Biomes and Mini-Biomes to explore, both above and underground – from lush forests to barren deserts to dungeons, the underworld, and even the terrifying Corruption await!
- New Expert Mode designed to provide new challenges for even the most seasoned Terraria veterans – with the promise of greater rewards
- Updated crafting with multiple added item options
- Over 20 NPCs to discover, each providing their own benefits and unique style
- More than 800 new items to discover – bringing the total item count to more than 3500!
- In-depth building options that are easy to learn, but allow for amazing feats of architecture in the hands of a master
About the game
In Terraria, the very world is at players’ fingertips as they fight for survival, fortune and glory. Blending elements of classic action games with the freedom of sandbox-style creativity, Terraria is far more than a mere block-building game. In this side-scrolling adventure, a players’ experience is limited only by their own imaginations as the world is theirs to shape and explore.
The release of Terraria for Nintendo Switch will make the popular indie game more accessible than ever, joining all other leading gaming platforms including: PC, PS Vita, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo Wii U and on mobile devices from the App Store, Google Play and Amazon App.
Check out the Terraria Switch Screenshots:
Check out the Terraria Switch Launch Trailer: