Developer Frozenbyte and publisher Modus Games announced today that Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince will launch for Nintendo Switch on October 8, 2019 both physically and digitally for $29.99.
Additionally, Trine: Ultimate Collection which includes Trine Enchanted Edition, Trine 2: Complete Story, Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power, and Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince will launch for Nintendo Switch on the same day both physically and digitally for $49.99.
Trine: Ultimate Collection at retail will include:
- Trine 1-4
- Trine Series Original Soundtrack (download code)
- Trine 4 Digital Art Book (download code)
- Collector’s Reversible Cover Sheet
- Physical Trine 4 World Map
Consumers who buy Trine 4 at retail will receive:
- Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince
- Physical Trine 4 World Map
Toby’s Dream DLC Level: all pre-orders of Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince and Trine: Ultimate Collection will get a bonus in-game level, Toby’s Dream, at launch. Toby the dog, as previously seen in Nine Parchments, has his own adventure in Heatherwood Hall with the Three Heroes! Follow the pawsteps of Toby and help him find all the treats hidden in the castle and its gardens.
About Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince
The Trine series returns to the magic of 2.5D with Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince! The three heroes of the best-selling adventure series are back, sent on a quest to retrieve the troubled young Prince Selius. Amadeus the Wizard, Pontius the Knight, and Zoya the Thief are joined together once again on a thrilling quest through fantastical fairytale landscapes teeming with danger.
Prince Selius suffers from intensely dark dreams and, due to his magical talents, monstrous nightmares are able to slip into reality and wreak havoc on the waking world. Amadeus, Pontius, and Zoya must find the afflicted prince and resolve the desperate situation before the world is engulfed by the Nightmare Prince’s shadows.
Trine 4 reaches new heights in the series, bringing the most complete gameplay experience ever to fans and new players alike!
- Gorgeous, 2.5D landscapes. Explore uniquely designed levels in beautiful, 2.5 dimensions, from breathtaking ruins and haunted tombs to tranquil birch groves and blueberry forests.
- Local and online multiplayer. Play with up to 4 players online or in local co-op.
- Captivating storytelling. Follow the story of a haunted prince as you journey through magical fairytale landscapes inhabited by friendly creatures, as well as a host of nightmarish foes.
- Dynamic puzzle-solving. Solve puzzles – solo or with friends – that feature fire, air, light, magnets, electricity and more, with challenges tailored to the number of players.
- Abundant skill trees. Unlock diverse abilities and amazing new skills.
- Completely revamped combat system. Experience the heroes’ own bloodcurdling nightmares in boss fights featuring an enriched combat system with fresh challenges and thrilling action!
- Enchanting soundtrack. Enjoy a wondrous soundtrack with songs that bring life to each new environment.
Check out the Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince Release Date Trailer: