While the store isn’t closing, July 20th is the last date for any new “PS Vita” releases and Spooky Squid Games’ arcade eat ’em up Russian Subway Dogs is one of the final games releasing for the console, and it’s coming with some exclusive new guest characters.
Why release a “PS Vita” Game in 2021? Developer Miguel Sternberg explains: “While probably not the soundest ‘business decision’ this release has been a passion project of mine, a way to celebrate the last chapter of one of my favorite handhelds. It’s also been a long time coming, originally started as a side project back in 2015 and growing into something much larger over the years.”
A fast-paced arcade game inspired by the real-life stray dogs of the Moscow metro, Russian Subway Dogs has you stealing food, juggling vodka, cooking bears, and more while you attempt to keep yourself fed and aim for a high score. The game features both a lengthy campaign and pick-up-and-play arcade modes.
- Play as your fave critters from popular indie games.
- Lush pixel art recreations of Moscow’s famously fancy subway stations.
- Endless Arcade Mode with procedural difficulty that keeps each round fresh and challenging.
- Travel station to station the Campaign with over 140 unique sub-goals.
- Arcade simulation: cook food on hot-sauce fires, freeze fish in snow, and more!
- Deep combo scoring system packed with secret bonuses to discover and exploit.
Exclusive to the PS Vita (till 2022) are three new guest characters revealed today!
Horror (Nuclear Throne), Minit Dog (Minit) and Sylvanos (Rivals of Aether) will be joining the game’s large roster of existing unlockable guest critters including Nidhogg, Rad Shiba (Va-11 Hall-A), Uay Chivo (Guacamelee!), Question Hound/aka This is Fine Dog (Gunshow) and several more!
Russian Subway Dogs is available now digitally via the PlayStation Store for $14.99 USD / €14.99. It supports English, French, Russian, German, Spanish, Portuguese, and Japanese. The game is also coming to PS4 soon.
Below, you can check out the PS Vita launch trailer.
Source: Spooky Squid Games PR