Release date: February 9, 2010. File size: 1437 MB. Publisher: EA. Developer: Visceral Games.
Based on the immensely influential classic poem, Dante’s Inferno takes you on an epic quest of vengeance and redemption through the Nine Circles of Hell. You are Dante, a veteran of the Crusades who must chase his beloved Beatrice and try to free her soul from Lucifer’s grasp. As your pursuit takes you deeper into the pits of Hell, you must battle ever more fierce and hideous monsters-while also facing your own sins, a dark family past, and your unforgivable war crimes.
Dante’s Inferno is an epic single player, third-person action adventure game inspired by “Inferno”, part one of Dante Alighieri’s classic Italian poem, “The Divine Comedy.” Featuring beautifully rendered nonstop action, signature and upgradable weapons, attack combos and mana-fueled spells and the choice of punishing or absolving the souls of defeated enemies, it is a classic Medieval tale of the eternal conflict with sin and the resulting horrors of hell, adapted for a new generation and a new medium.
- Over 60 weapons, magic and combo upgrades and modifications, and huge destructive, ridable mounts that can be taken from defeated enemies.
- An epic story adapted from the first book of the Medieval Italian classic The Divine Comedy, by Dante Alighieri featuring non-stop action as you fight through Dante’s allegorical nine circles of hell.
- The awesome power of Death’s soul-reaping scythe.
- Beautiful rendered fast-paced action and intense combat.
- Choice-based finishes with enemies that allow players to punish the damned, or absolve them as they are defeated.