PQube today announced that Kadokawa Games’ Root Letter will release on PS Vita and PS4 in North America on November 1 and in Europe on October 28, 2016. The mystery visual novel will be available as both a physical and digital release.
Taking place in Shimane, one of Japan’s most beautiful prefectures, Root Letter is centered around an investigation into missing pen friend, Fumino Aya, 15 years after she allegedly murdered someone and ran away.
The story is told through the old letters she wrote to you in high school, along with you own investigation, as you probe for clues and witnesses from her old hometown. What happened 15 years ago? Who was your pen friend? What do her friends know? Did she even exist?
- An intense murder mystery set in a gorgeous, real-word, rural Japanese setting
- Stunning Visual Novel artwork from the renowned artist Minoboshi Taro.
- Increased gameplay elements – search for clues, present evidence and explore environments.
- Travel freely around Shimane, visiting real world locations and interviewing suspects.
- Interrogation mode allows you to present evidence to characters and catch them out in lies.
- Unravel the truth from your pen friend’s letters – was she telling the truth, was she even real?
- Make difficult choices as you straddle an investigation spanning 15 years.
- Five different endings with wildly different routes, for a huge level of replayability.
- Incredible Soundtrack from composer Takashi Nitta and lead voice actor role for Noriko Hidaka (Ranma)
Check out the Root Letter Screenshots:
Check out the Root Letter Trailer: