The puzzle platformer Hue is now available for the PS Vita in North America and Europe digitally via the PlayStation Network featuring Cross-Buy support with the already available PS4 version.
Although everyone whom the titular lead character Hue encounters sees only in greyscale, the world of Hue is far from black and white. On a journey to solve his mother’s disappearance, Hue begins to piece together her discarded research, ultimately discovering the ability to see the world’s hidden color and change it to alter reality. As the background shifts between shades, rifts form, and obstacles slip between pigmented dimensions.
As Hue uncovers new details involving his mother, he’s able to manipulate the game world in increasingly sophisticated ways. By transforming the background color of the world, Hue can manipulate objects, unlock new areas and interact with new aspects of the environment. Along the way, Hue will meet a diverse cast of imaginative characters in a witty and wonderful world filled with inventive puzzles and the tendency to instill a genuine sense of wonder. Hue also features support for a multitude of color-changing LED devices, and offers a full-blown colorblind mode by utilizing unique symbols as a color aid.
- Unique color-matching mechanic, offering a new twist on the classic platformer.
- A heartfelt story that touches on themes of love, loss, existence and remorse.
- A world full of lively characters to talk to, each with their own personality and story.
- Stark silhouetted art style with bright, bold colors.
- Over 30 original music tracks, composed exclusively for Hue.
- Full colorblind support, using symbols as a color aid.
- Professionally voiced narration by Anna Acton and Matthew Wade, some of the UK’s best television talent.
Check out the Hue – Launch Trailer: