The Long Reach Announced For PS Vita, PS4 & Nintendo Switch
Painted Black Games has announced that The Long Reach will be coming to PS Vita, PS4, and Nintendo Switch in Fall 2017.
The Long Reach will be getting a special Signature Edition for PS Vita and PS4, published by Signature Edition Games.
Inspired by games such as Lone Survivor, The Last Door, The Cave and The Silent Age, The Long Reach is an adventure game filled with colorful characters and puzzles featuring a thrilling horror story, flavored with sci-fi ideology, psychological context and a skeptical view on the human psyche.
The Long Reach takes place in New Hampshire, in the fictional town of Baervox. The game draws its inspiration from Lone Survivor and The Cave and all the classical adventures, except that it is set in the present day. You don’t play in a post-apocalyptic world or explore a fairy-filled fantasy world. You’re in the thick of it, just around the corner from the place where you buy your groceries.
- The Long Reach is a horror-thriller hell bent on screwing with your perception of things.
- The game misuses stunning pixel art to create gruesome and unsettling images.
- You’ll be playing as Calvin throughout the game – this is an example of the lies and deception that we have in store for you.
- You won’t be forced to figure everything out. Escape if you wish, in fact we encourage you to run for your life!
- Solve puzzles that require thinking outside the box. The box provided by our publisher was never used during the development.
- You’ll be able to talk with plenty of characters. In fact, you’ll have a chance to pitch in every five lines or so.
- A classic adventure game inventory filled with keys and weird stuff (note: no Elvish swords glowing faintly blue when evil is close in this game).
- Original atmospheric and haunting soundtrack. The composer’s not right in the head, he brought weird stuff home to use in the soundtrack. We’re all concerned for his cat.
Check out The Long Reach Screenshots:
Check out The Long Reach Teaser Trailer:
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and Subscribe on YouTube.