The deliciously dark action-adventure The Count Lucanor is out now for PS Vita in North America and Europe digitally via the PlayStation Store for $14.99 / £9.99 / € 14.99.
In addition, the game is also available as a boxed Signature Edition for PS Vita priced at £25.00 /€28.00.
The Count Lucanor is a mystery and horror adventure set in a bygone time. Playing as the reluctant hero, Hans, you must make important decisions which will reveal alternative endings, hidden secrets and different solutions to fiendish puzzles.
Featuring a retro feel that falls halfway between 8-bit and 16-bit styles, The Count Lucanor makes a deliberate doff of its cap to classic titles that it draws inspiration from; Zelda, Yume Nikki, Silent Hill and Dark Souls. The familiar gameplay style allows players to quickly become immersed in the game’s rich and twisted narrative.
The Count Lucanor’s haunting sound track is supplied by none other than Germany’s very own seventeenth century tunesmith, Johann Sebastian Bach. Using chiptune tools, the game features a transformed series of hidden gems from the composer to create unique soundscape that will remain etched in your mind forever.
- Exploration: Search Tenebre Castle placing candles on the ground to light up your path.
- Conversation: Talk to NPCs to get important clues and learn the hidden history of The Count Lucanor.
- Stealth: Hide under tables and behind curtains to go undetected.
- Puzzles: Use the items you found wisely to progress.
- Skill: Avoid traps and enemies in the castle by anticipating them.