Digerati and Eastasiasoft today announced that they are bringing the intense bullet-hell shoot ’em up Shikhondo – Soul Eater to Nintendo Switch and PS4 this summer.
Created by Korean-based independent developer DeerFarm, Shikhondo – Soul Eater features hypnotic barrage patterns, enemies inspired by Asian mythology, and stunning Oriental artwork. And, for the first time, players will be able to take on Shikhondo with a friend thanks to an all-new 2-player local co-op mode added especially for the console versions.
The PS4 version will launch digitally in North America, Europe, Asia, and Japan on June 22, 2018 for US$14.99 / HK$117 / TW$ 460 / JPY 1680. The Nintendo Switch version will follow at a later time with the exact details to be confirmed.
About the game
Shikhondo – Soul Eater is a Korean bullet-hell shoot ‘em up set within a beautiful and bizarre world of Asian mythology.
Armies of demons known as yokai have escaped from Limbo. They are spreading like a plague across the land, sowing fear and stealing souls. You must destroy the pestilent invaders and free the captured souls from eternal torment.
Includes Arcade, Hardcore and Local Co-op modes.
- Five stages of intense bullet-hell action and hypnotic barrage patterns
- Game modes include: Arcade, Hardcore, Boss Rush and Local Co-op
- Fly close to enemy bullets to fill the Soul Gauge and unleash a super attack for high scores
- Two playable characters, each with their own types of attack
- Online leaderboards for high score glory
- Demonic enemies and bosses inspired by Asian mythology
- Stunning and intricate Oriental artwork
Check out the Shikhondo – Soul Eater Screenshots:
Check out the Shikhondo – Soul Eater Trailer: