Bit Kid Inc. today announced that the action-platformer Chasm will launch on PS Vita and PS4 on July 31, 2018 digitally via the PlayStation Store for $19.99 / €17.99 with cross-buy support.
Chasm is a Metroidvania-style action-platformer with RPG elements that takes inspiration from classics like Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, and Mega Man.
In Chasm, you play as a new recruit undertaking your first mission for the Guildean Kingdom. Thrilled to prove your worth as a knight, you track strange rumors that a mine vital to the Kingdom has been shut down. But what you discover in the mining town is worse than you imagined: The townspeople have disappeared, kidnapped by supernatural creatures emerging from the depths.
Honor-bound to solve the mystery and restore peace to the Kingdom, you embark upon an epic adventure, with deadly battles against cunning monsters, exploration of ancient catacombs and castles, and powerful new equipment hidden at every turn. Though the overall story is the same for all players, your hero’s journey will be unique: each of the rooms has been hand-designed, and behind the scenes Chasm stitches these rooms together into a one-of-a-kind world map that will be your own.
Some features of Chasm include:
- Over 80 enemies
- Over 10 bosses and mini-bosses
- Over 130 weapons, armor, and accessories – not including gems, potions, and other treasures to be discovered
- Authentic pixel art with 384×216 native resolution
- Proprietary world building engine that generates a unique map for each campaign playthrough
- Approximately 10-15 hours of gameplay for one full campaign
Check out the Chasm Teaser Trailer: