Aquaris Games Studio today announced that the arcade retro racer Horizon Chase Turbo will arrive on Nintendo Switch on November 28, 2018. Pre-orders are available now on the Nintendo eShop.
Horizon Chase Turbo is a homage to classic 16-bit racers that defined a generation of high-speed and frenetic arcade fun like Out Run and Top Gear. The game is conceived to ignite an instant blast of nostalgia with catchy contemporary music composed by the legendary Barry Leitch (who also created the soundtracks for the Top Gear, Lotus, and Rush series), while also offering split-screen multiplayer and mixing retro low-poly aesthetics with modern gameplay.
Aside from the modernly retro graphics, the split-screen couch multiplayer modes are among Turbo’s most defining features. All game modes, including the World Tour campaign, tournament and endurance challenges support local split screen multiplayer up to four players. Racers can compete in head-to-head races one at a time, or spend hours racing around the globe collecting coins to achieve the common goal of unlocking exotic vehicles and spinetingling tracks.
The Nintendo Switch version will be one of the firsts to receive a brand new game mode called “Playground”, consisting of a set of live challenges that will be updated regularly so that players can keep competing in the online leaderboards, and exclusive content for each platform to be announced soon.
- Thrilling arcade racing game, inspired by Outrun, Top Gear, Lotus Turbo Challenge, and others
- Amazing old-style split-screen multiplayer up to 4 players
- Music by Barry Leitch, Sound Designer in 90s racing classics such as Top Gear and Lotus Turbo Challenge, among others
- 12 Cups, 48 Cities, 109 tracks, 32 Unlockable Cars, and 12 Upgrades
- 4 Game Modes: World Tour, Playground, Tournament, and Endurance.
- Challenge your friends in the Ghost Mode and in the Leaderboards.
Check out the Horizon Chase Turbo Screenshots:
Check out the Horizon Chase Turbo Switch Trailer:
Use "HPLAYERS" coupon for a 5% off discount at Playasia!