Legendary Games today announced that Mordheim: Warband Skirmish, a premium version of the highly user rated smart device app, will launch worldwide on Nintendo Switch via the Nintendo eShop for $24.99 / €24.99 / £19.99.
Mordheim: Warband Skirmish is based on Games Workshop’s Mordheim and will be the first Warhammer licensed game on the Nintendo Switch eShop.
Players explore the ruins of the City of Mordheim, clash with other scavenging warbands and collect Wyrdstone – valuable shards from the comet that destroyed the city.
The Switch version will include accelerated graphics and four factions to play from the start: Skaven – Skulking sinister rat men who need Wyrdstone to thrive and the three principle human mercenary protagonists Reiklanders, Middenheimers, Marienburgers each representing one of the factions pitted against each other in a brutal civil war over who should sit in the throne as Emperor.
More factions will follow in future updates as a DLC, including:
- Undead – Agents of the Vampire Counts, helping their bid to control the living
- Witch Hunters – Agents of the Grand Theologonist who will burn first and ask questions later
- Sisters of Sigmar – The only faction with remotely honourable intentions
- Cult of the Possessed – Men who have turned to the dark powers of salvation
- Tactical turn-based gameplay with incredible action sequences
- Recruit, customise and train your Warband
- A rich, powerful and immersive fantasy world
- Continuous planned updates, including extra content and map variations.
- “Graphic novel” art style with a grim undertone perfectly setting the scene of the harrowing city of Mordheim
Check out the Mordheim: Warband Skirmish Trailer: