Adult Swim Games has announced that the challenging survival platformer Rain World is out now on Nintendo Switch in North America for $19.99 via the Nintendo eShop. In Europe, it will release on December 27, 2018.
Rain World for Nintendo Switch features all content included in the game’s update 1.7 which is coming to PS4 on December 21. This update introduces two new playable characters – the Monk and the Hunter – which accommodate different play styles and balance the game’s challenges accordingly. It also adds local multiplayer featuring Competitive and Sandbox modes for up to four players, over 40 unlockable multiplayer rooms, an updated bestiary with new predators and prey, as well as general overall improvements and surprises.
About the game
Inspired by the design and aesthetics of 16-bit classics, Rain World makes you a Slugcat in a vast, ever-changing world full of danger you must face alone. Hunt for food and shelter while enduring torrential downpours, limited resources and terrifying encounters with vicious predators. You’ll need to move quickly and stealthily, using your wits and reflexes to survive. Climb through the ruins of an ancient civilization, discover new lands teeming with strange creatures and buried mysteries, and find your lost family before death finds you!
- Explore a vast world of over 1600 rooms, spanning 12 diverse regions filled with ancient secrets and undiscovered dangers
- Intense, primal predator encounters will challenge your reflexes. Limited resources and the constant, impending threat of rain will test your nerve
- Procedural design and individualistic AI— every playthrough is a unique challenge!
- Play as The Monk and The Hunter! 2 new playable characters corresponding to easier and more aggressive playstyles.
- Multiplayer Arena for up to 4 players, featuring Competitive and Sandbox modes
- Updated bestiary featuring new dangerous predators and delicious prey
Check out the Rain World Trailer: