SMG Studio has announced that OTTTD: Over The Top Tower Defense is out today on Nintendo Switch via the Nintendo eShop for $7.99 / €6,99 / £5.99 / $9.99 AUD.
After the success of Death Squared and Super One More Jump on Nintendo Switch, the developer also wanted to bring their first released game to this console as OTTTD is still their highest rated game to date.
About the game
OTTTD is a Tower Defense/RTS game with RPG elements.
Take command of HEROCORP and launch a Preemptive Defense Campaign against parallel dimensions in OTTTD, the most outrageous Tower Defense title. OTTTD stands for Over The Top Tower Defense, and you’ll see why when you’re blasting 9 kinds of hell out of a floating robot shark that’s making a beeline for your HQ.
You play as a commander for HEROCORP, the 4th largest private military organization in the galaxy.
Your job is to “preemptively defend” the Earth against alien dimensions BEFORE they attack Earth. Make sure to come in under budget and fill out the TPS reports in triplicate!
Is “preemptively defending Earth” ethical? It doesn’t matter, your responsibility is to the shareholders!
- Deep RPG Mechanics
- Choose from 7 unique hero classes to make up your squad of 3. The more action they see the more XP they earn to level them up through custom skill trees.
- 30+ active abilities
- 40+ passive skills
- Multiple armor options with stats to suit your play-style
- You want billions of weapons?
- Well we dont have that many but… we’ve put a lot of work balancing the the 30+ we do have along with 12 tower types and 6 different damage types.
- We’re sure HEROCORP has got the hardware to ensure you can wreak havoc in your own personal style.
- More enemies than you can poke a boom stick at
The range of enemies in OTTTD is wide enough to soothe even the itchiest trigger finger. Floating eyeballs? Check. Gunclams? You know it. Giant Wartoises? Of course. And we’re pretty sure we are the ONLY game with a motorcycle riding squid in it.
It’s like Starship Troopers meets Stargate meets Spaceballs, with way more explosions!
Check out the OTTTD Nintendo Switch Trailer: