French Indie developer Manufacture 43 has revealed the release trailer and more detailed information for the Neo Aztec shooter Pawarumi that will be arriving on Nintendo Switch on July 24, 2019. Pre-orders are available now on the Nintendo eShop for $14.99.
About the story
The background story is quite dark. It’s about how Axo – you – the pilot of Chukaru, destroyed every Earth defence while being controlled by an alien entity. The first four levels of the game are actually flashbacks, the last level is your revenge!
About the game
Pawarumi, best described as Rock-Paper-Scissors with lasers, is a shoot’em up set in a futuristic, yet pre-Columbian, inspired universe. The sense of accomplishment in reaching the best ending for the game is just a fraction of what is presented, all of which is set in a 3D world with stunning music and sound to heighten the atmospherics.
The player has only one life in the game, and your shield will reduce strength by a third every time you are hit. Pawarumi features a powerful mechanic called the Trinity. The three basic weapons are controlled by colored divinities – Condor (laser) is blue, Serpent (Gatling gun) is green and Jaguar (missiles) is red. Enemies you face are powered by the same divinities, and by targeting with the same as them, or different colour, you trigger one of the three bonuses of the Trinity – Boost, Drain or Crush. But be warned, there are both positive and negative consequences.
Shooting with a weapon of a different colour than the enemy will either Drain or Crush. Drain transform enemies’ pain into energy that charges Super Attack. Crush multiplies the damage you deal to enemies by a factor of 1.5.
- Three difficulty settings, each with its own alternate storyline.
- The difficulty curve is designed so that a player that beats the game in easy mode gets ready to play in normal mode and then in hard mode.
- The three weapons of the player are red, green and blue and are tied and linked, to enemy factions and divinities: jaguar, serpent and condor.
- Cool eye candy special effects.
- The Nintendo Switch version of Pawarumi has a unique ship, the Joyful, that adopts the colors of your Joy-Con!
Check out the Pawarumi Release Trailer:
Use "HPLAYERS" coupon for a 5% off discount at Playasia!