Independent games developer Petoons Studio has announced that their “hand-drawn animation ratoidvania” Curse of the Sea Rats is coming to Nintendo Switch. It is planned to be released in 2021.
Curse of the Sea Rats will be shown for the first time at Gamescom 2019 in Cologne, Germany, from August 20 – 22, 2019.
About the game
Curse of the Sea Rats is an exploration-focused, side-scroller role playing game leading a group of heroes who are transformed into rats by a pirate witch. Help them rescue the Admiral’s son and break the magic spell!
Curse of the Sea Rats will feature 4 playable characters, and single and local multiplayer modes in which you will have to investigate 11 different scenarios in the coast of Ireland in 1777.
- Packing all of the best features you’ve come to know from the Metroidvania genre into a single game starring rats!
- Investigate 11 different scenarios in a non-linear quest set in the coast of Ireland in 1777.
- 4 playable characters, local multiplayer mode, jam packed with weapons and special abilities to upgrade.
- Beautiful hand-drawn animation with 2.5D graphics: 2D models crafted on a 3D game environment.
- Story cut-scenes and NPC interactions fully voice acted by a professional cast.
- Rich twisting plot set in a breathtaking lush-color fantasy style.
- Suitable for every audience: from the casual to the hardcore gamer.
- Try completing 100% of the quest or speedrun to the end of the game.
- New DLC’s and free updates planned to engage our fans.
Check out the Curse of the Sea Rats Trailer:
Use "HPLAYERS" coupon for a 5% off discount at Playasia!