Release date: April 20, 2023. Price: $14.99 / £13.49 / 14.99€. File size: 421 MB. Publisher: Raw Fury. Developer: Kenny Sun.
Mr Sun’s Hatbox is a slapstick, roguelite platformer about getting the job done at all costs.
The dastardly Mr Moon and his troublemakers have stolen Mr Sun’s hatbox delivery from a humble courier company. With the fate of an aspiring apparel business at stake, it’s up to you to build a team, stage a series of heists, and get it back.
Starting out as a solo delivery squad, you’ll need to build up an organization of reformed hat thieves and work together as a team or against each other to beat the odds. Whether you’re sending your unit out on covert or chaotic missions, you’ll make use of a closetful of stylish headgear and an assortment of weapons to track down and return the stolen package to its rightful owner.
- Modest Beginnings – Start small and gradually build a unit fit for taking down the mischievous Mr Moon and his troublemakers.
- Capture or Frag – Eliminate or extricate Mr Moon’s minions. Have them pay the price for their thieving crimes or recruit them for your next mission.
- Look the part – Discover over 50 different hats, each with unique properties. From the practical to the powerful. Even the pointless.
SOLO OR CO-OP’HAT’IVE
- Prep for the Heist – Take on a series of specialist missions from wave-based action to espionage before attempting a tricky Hat Heist, collecting crowns to unlock perks for your crew and moving onto the next phase of your operation.
- The more hands, the safer the delivery – Play solo or work together cooperatively to take on each mission in Couch Co-op.
- Stand and deliver in head to head battles – Bring your swords, machine guns, and stale baguettes to the battlefield in 1v1 or Last Hat Standing PVP.
PEAK QUALITY ACTION
- A hat for all seasons – Dynamite Head Bands, Cardboard Boxes, Noise Cancelling Earphones and Jet Packs! There’s a style to suit every situation.
- Rooms to suit a certain mood – Build up a base of operations with a Brig to brainwash captives, a Lab to experiment on your staff, and a Black Market to purchase illicit contraband.
- Curious Quirks – Every character is different, making them individually suited (or unsuitable) for your mission, from a Butter Fingers with near-sightedness to an Animal Trainer with quick reflexes. Make sure you’re allocating your resources appropriately.
- Retro style with known quality – A distinct and vibrant pixel art style from Mr Kenny Sun, creator of Circa Infinity and Yankai’s Peak.